Is the HAARP Project a Weather Control Weapon?
“It isn’t just conspiracy theorists who are concerned about HAARP. The European Union called the project a global concern and passed a resolution calling for more information on its health and environmental risks. Despite those concerns, officials at HAARP insist the project is nothing more sinister than a radio science research facility.”
— From documentary on HAARP project’s weather control by Canada’s CBC
HAARP: What is it?
HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) is a little-known, yet critically important U.S. military defense project which has generated quite a bit of controversy over its alleged weather control capabilities and much more.
Though denied by HAARP project officials, some respected researchers allege that secret electromagnetic warfare capabilities of the project are designed to forward the US military’s stated goal of achieving full-spectrum dominance by the year 2020.
Others go so far as to claim that HAARP can and has been used for weather control, to cause earthquakes and tsunamis, to disrupt global communications systems, and more. They point to major aspects of the program which are kept secret for alleged reasons of “national security.” The U.S. patent of a key developer of HAARP and other documentary evidence support these claims. And there is no doubt that electromagnetic weapons capable of being used in warfare do exist. The project’s $300 million price tag also suggests more is going on than meets the eye.
According to the official HAARP website, “HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.” The ionosphere is the delicate upper layer of our atmosphere which ranges from about 30 miles (50 km) to 600 miles (1,000 km) above the Earth’s surface.
The HAARP project website acknowledges that experiments are conducted which use electromagnetic frequencies to fire pulsed, directed energy beams in order to “temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere.” Some scientists state that purposefully disturbing this sensitive layer could have major and even disastrous consequences. Concerned HAARP researchers likeDr. Michel Chossudovsky of the University of Ottawa and Alaska’s Dr. Nick Begich (son of a US Congressman) present evidence suggesting that these disturbances can even be used to trigger earthquakes, affect hurricanes, and for weather control.
This essay is dedicated with compassion to those who suffered and died in the massive earthquakes in Japan and Haiti, and in the Indonesian tsunami and Hurricane Katrina.
Who Created HAARP?
Dr. Bernard Eastlund is the scientist whose name is most associated with the creation and development of the HAARP project. His revealing website provides reliable information on his involvement with the project. A 1987 patent issued to Dr. Eastlund is titled “Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth’s atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere.” In this patent, which sets the stage for HAARP, Dr. Eastlund makes a number of fascinating statements which clearly contradict the claim that it is only being used for research and not for military purposes or such purposes as weather control. Here are a few of key statements taken verbatim from the patent:
- [The] temperature of the ionosphere has been raised by hundreds of degrees in these experiments.
- A means and method is provided to cause interference with or even total disruption of communications over a very large portion of the earth. This invention could be employed to disrupt not only land based communications, both civilian and military, but also airborne communications and sea communications. This would have significant military implications.
- It is possible … to take advantage of one or more such beams to carry out a communications network even though the rest of the world’s communications are disrupted.
- [It] can be used to an advantage for positive communication and eavesdropping purposes.
- Exceedingly large amounts of power can be very efficiently produced and transmitted.
- This invention has a phenomenal variety of … potential future developments. Large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction or deflection. Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. Ozone, nitrogen, etc. concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased.
- Electromagnetic pulse defenses are also possible. The earth’s magnetic field could be decreased or disrupted at appropriate altitudes to modify or eliminate the magnetic field.
Read more here: